Improve communication. Restore harmony.
Whether you are facing stressors at home, at work, at school or with your health, I can help you develop strategies to enhance coping. I work with couples and families to identify interpersonal stressors to develop techniques to improve communication and restore harmony. I work with teenagers and young adults on issues of independence, self esteem and conflict resolution. I have extensive experience working with family caregivers facing illness, advance care planning, death/dying and bereavement. I work with women to enhance their ability to cope with stressors across the lifespan. I use EMDR to resolve trauma.
Education & Certifications
- BA in Public Relations, Cum Laude Graduate, Marquette University, May 1999
- Master of Science in Social Work, University of Texas, Austin, May 2002
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Texas (License #52381)
- Board Approved Clinical Supervisor
- EMDR Certified (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
I have extensive experience working with individuals, couples, groups and families.
- Northwestern University's Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer's Disease Center working with persons living with early onset dementia and Alzheimer's disease and their families
- Jesse Brown VA Medical Center (Chicago, IL) working with combat veterans returning from the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan
- MD Anderson Cancer Center working with pediatric and adult cancer patients
Since developing a private counseling practice in 2012, I have worked with individuals, couples and families to enhance their ability to cope with life stressors. I use a variety of theoretical frameworks with my clients including solution focused, cognitive behavioral, motivational interviewing and person centered techniques.